1. I had my first day in the hospital...needless to say I didn't get much sleep the night before. But it turned out to be a great experience. I had a perfect first patient which really allowed me ease my way into things. She was so tiny that I was afraid I was going to break her as I listened to her heart and lungs but she reassured me that was I doing a great job. Most of the time I sat with her and held hand, trying to ease her nerves for her upcoming procedure. But overall it was good day and I am now excited for next time!
2. I was able to get to away for a short weekend to Denver and I fell in love with the city! It was so nice to take my mind off school, even if it was just for 48 hours and to catch up with everyone! We packed a lot into a short weekend but I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my time! We went to Red Rocks and I immediately added seeing a concert there to my bucket list. It is such a beautiful place and I can only imagine how fun it would be to see a concert there. We also went bowling where I am proud to say that the girls beat all the boys except Brad who got first - but way to go girls! The losers had to buy the winners ice cream at Pink Berry which was also great. And finally we spent the final afternoon in City Park which is just like Forest Park in St. Louis except for it has an amazing view of the mountains. While we were there, Alicia introduced us a game called Peebs and it was great to be on the same team as someone who is just as competitive as me - thanks lesh! We played over 5 rounds but I am happy to say that my team came out on top (the boys lost again) I had so much fun and was completely bummed when it was over but I can't wait to go back!
3. While I was I in Denver, Sara introduced me to 2 things that I was really missing out on. First is IGoogle which is your own personalized homepage. It is so great because you can personalize it with everything you need. I have a calendar, to do list, quote of the day, my favorite sport teams' updates, and news headlines all with Sara's help. Secondly she introduced me to Chrome with the best search engine. I miss out on all the cool new things without Sara!
4. Everyone is home and in town! It is so nice to have everyone home again! Marge, Tim and I were getting very lonely. We all had a great night on Wednesday and it was just like old times. Mike forcing Jager on everyone, Tim's chants, and the dance parties in the car. So happy everyone home and wish they were all staying for good!
5. I had a great, low key Thanksgiving! I made up for all the years that I have been hungover by eating way too much that I had to unbutton my pant's button during dinner to make room for more food! And what a perfect day for our first snow fall of the year. It wasn't as much snow as Vermont but it reminded me how much I really do love the snow!
6. Finally, when Meghan and I discovered that 93.7 was ONLY playing Christmas music over 2 weeks ago, I was not a happy camper. I love country music and without the 93.7 The Bull, I was down to one country station. But now that Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is less than a month away, bring on the Christmas music! After getting coffee this morning with the girls, I sang along to the Christmas tunes the whole way home! I LOVE this time of year!


No comments:
Post a Comment