8.30.2010

Left Behind

I have have always been the one doing the leaving and leaving other people at home.  But the tables have turned and now everyone is leaving me.  I was the first one to leaving my family behind when I went to college and I was one of the first one of my friends to leave St. Louis because of preseason.   Therefore I was never the one waving goodbye and staying put.  But I now that I am, I am realizing how hard it really is.  Don't get me wrong, I have always been sad when I was leaving home or school but I feel like it is completely different when everyone else is leaving me.  I used to make jokes about my mom crying every time Annie and I left for school but now I understand - sorry mom!

I first realized it when Caitlin and many other friends were leaving for a new job or to go back to school.  But it really hit me on Friday when Annie left for Spain.  When I came home that evening after work, the house was quiet and lonely.  She is going to have an amazing semester and so many adventures in Spain while I am here in St. Louis with friends dwindling by the day!  Its like a the opposite of a home sick feeling - I just want everyone to come home!  I do know that is natural and I just have to get used to all the changes but there is a big difference in being one leaving and the one staying.  But as they say absence makes the heart grow fonder so now I am even more excited for everyone to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment