Driving back from Meg's house tonight I realized how much I enjoy night driving. I feel so safe and secure in my car. I feel invisible which lets me sing and dance my heart out the whole drive home. No one can hear me miss the notes or say the wrong word and no one can see my dance moves that I always get made fun of for! Tonights song line-up included Taylor Swift's "Back to December", Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky", Tai Cruz's "Dynamite", Jason Derulo's "In My Head" and Mary Well's "My Guy". It was quite the assortment of songs but I sang my heart out on each sond and even added a few fist pumps in there along with my classic dance moves that everyone laughs at.
This night driving routine isn't anything new for me. I can remember singing and dancing many weekend nights throughout high school. There is something about driving, and especially driving alone that makes me feel so free and I love to let loose and be myself.
But driving home tonight, I was laughing to myself because during high school and even college, this nightly performance would happen after 2 am and now it is happening at 1030 pm...wow have things changed! But I wouldn't change a thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment