10.17.2010

Villa vs. St. Joe

It could not have been a prettier day for the annual Villa St. Joe field hockey game!  It was one of the first times I had been back to Condy Field since I graduated.  Sarah Riffle, Meredith Rull and I were reminiscing on the many memories we had on that field.  And of course no one would let me forget that it was the 5th Anniversary of Meredith breaking her nose in my car before the game and then somehow she managed to play the entire game to help us beat St. Joe for the 4th year in a row.  




We were sad to see the changes in the uniforms that were made - no more maroon and white polos and plaid kilts but we even happier to see that Villa still have the same cheer: 


"When the maroon and white team fall in line,
We're gonna win this game and that a sign
We're gonna fight fight fight for a victory
Til the game goes down in St. Louis history
We're gonna fight fight fight for a goal
And when the game is over, you'll be told
The maroon and white team can't be can't be beat
Villlla Duchesne!"

We all three wished we could jump back on the field and play in one more Villa field hockey game!  Unfortunately the varsity lost but the JV team was able to pull out a win.  



1 comment:

  1. They changed the uniforms? I'm shocked and disappointed. Wish i was there so badly!!

    ReplyDelete