9.09.2010

First Day

I have always hated the first day of anything - first day of high school, first day of a new job, first day of field hockey try outs, ect.  And today was no different!  But at least the first day of something only happens once, so now day 1 of nursing school is over and only about 363 days to go!  

But after much anxiety and many dreams of forgetting something important like my name badge or my shinny new white shoes, I survived my first day and it surprisingly wasn't as bad as I expected.  Now that my nerves for the first day have subsided, I realized that I am excited to start this new journey.  Today we got a our "bag of goodies" - which had our blood pressure cuff, stethoscope and other supplies.  We also had a preview of the stimulation lab by doing a lab focusing on seeing and looking and paying attention to detail.  So even though I know this journey will have manyyy valleys and wrong turns, I know that it will also have an equal number of peaks and successes and the end result will be reaching my goal of becoming a nurse.  Therefore I just need to remember on the worst of days during next year that it is all worth it and it will be over before I know it!


And on another note, I know my mom isn't the only one who takes pictures on their children's first day of something...but I am sure you will get a laugh out of this picture. The only thing missing is my new all-white tennis shoes....

3 comments:

  1. haha love the uniform- cal you tomorrow to hear about it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love Chester in the window

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddi your just about the only person who would look cute in scrubs!!

    ReplyDelete