9.10.2010
Rainy Day
There are very few things better than a rainy day to sleep in and be lazy. It was the perfect way to end the week: lounging around watching pointless TV shows, spending way too much time online, and eating plenty of food. I can't say that I would enjoy a day like this every day but every once in awhile it is such a treat.
And my evening ended by watching Stand Up to Cancer which is a great program! It felt very good to donate the little money I could because I knew that 100% of that small amount money would somehow make a difference in someone's live. I loved how the focus of this program was not only saving lives but to allow collaboration of scientists which will speed up finding a cure for cancer. It used to be that scientists were competing to see who could find the cure first but now the focus has shifted to collaboration which is so great. And in the end will hopefully find cures quicker to stop this devastating disease. What an awesome cause!
Watching Stand Up to Cancer also reminded me of the movie "Extraordinary Measures" which I actually watched with my mom last night. I can't say that it was the best movie I ever saw but the message in the movie was worth watching it. A father has two kids diagnosed with the terminal disease, Pompe, and the movie is about his fight to find a cure for his children. It also showed how competition can sometimes slow down reaching the goal of finding a cure and how collaboration can save many more lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment